You’ve probably been hearing about minimally-invasive skin tightening techniques like FaceTite and BodyTite. While they’ve been the leading method of thermal radio frequency therapy in Europe and Canada for years, the technology only made it to the States in 2017. It’s become one of the leading treatments in America ever since because it reduces fat AND tightens the skin in problem areas—without scalpel or scars.
So, what do you need to know about this thermal radio frequency therapy? Dr. David Steckler, one of the only Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in Madison County, has prepared this list of 7 things you should know about BodyTite.
1. It’s an FDA-approved device that melts fat and tightens skin simultaneously.
2. It uses radiofrequency energy from both an internal probe and external electrode.
3. It most cases, BodyTite can be carried out under local anesthesia. There’s no need to fast before surgery and you won’t have that hangover like you do after general anesthetic or IV sedation.
4. BodyTite can be used on the abdomen, buttocks, love handles, hips, knees, arms and even the inner and outer thighs. FaceTite treats any areas on the face and neck with saggy skin.
5. Studies show a 30-40% skin tightening after a single treatment.
6. This technology has a built-in system of safety protection which provides an excellent safety profile.
7. While there can be mild tenderness and soreness in the treatment area, most of these sensations dissipate over several hours. Patients tend to experience full physical comfort within a few days.
Want to learn more about thermal radio frequency therapy and BodyTite ? Make an appointment for a free consultation with Dr. David Steckler at The Mississippi Center For Plastic Surgery in Ridgeland.