Is Cosmetic Surgery For You?
It’s not unusual for people to want to look younger, thinner or more attractive. And with all the plastic surgery options out there, it’s easier to achieve the look you want. Whether you’re considering a Mommy Makeover, wanting to remove excess skin following extreme weight loss, thinking about taking a few years off to make you more marketable or you’ve always hated your nose, the reality is plastic surgery isn’t for everyone. So how do you know if it’s right for you?
Dr. David Steckler and the team at the Mississippi Center For Plastic Surgery put together this list of questions to ask yourself if you are considering cosmetic or plastic surgery.
• What do I want to change?
• Why do I want to have this surgery?
• How long have I thought about having this surgery?
• Did anything specific set off this desire?
• What is my current life situation and why am I thinking about doing this surgery now?
• Are there other ways I can achieve the results I want to see?
• Do I want the cosmetic surgery for me or am I trying to please someone else?
• Can surgery really give me the results I want?
• Do I think plastic surgery will improve my relationship?
• Can I really afford plastic surgery?
Plastic or cosmetic surgery is not designed to solve life problems or make relationships, social situations or career opportunities better. If you are currently being treated for anxiety or depression, you’re in a vulnerable situation and really shouldn’t make this kind of decision, either.
Once you’ve answered these questions, make an appointment to see a Board Certified plastic surgeon in Jackson, MS like Dr. David Steckler to discuss the procedure you want, as well as these questions. Plastic or cosmetic surgery can be a great step in improving your appearance and how you feel about yourself.