What are Injectable Dermal Fillers?
Injectable dermal fillers (typically just called dermal fillers) are often injected to replenish lost facial volume. Faces often lack volume for a variety of reasons, but age and significant weight loss are commonly to blame. The procedure works by incorporating the liquid filler under the skin to fill sunken or hollowed areas. Injectable fillers are a promising, nonsurgical option for women and men desiring to even out fine lines, sagging skin, and/or wrinkles in order to create a younger-looking face. At our Ridgeland, MS office, we offer Restylane® and JUVÉDERM® products to help meet the expectations and goals of each patient. To determine which products are recommended for you, we encourage you to visit Mississippi Center for Plastic Surgery where board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Steckler can help you make this decision. The dermal filler options we offer include:
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC corrects moderate or deep wrinkles throughout the face, such as nasolabial folds and other wrinkles around the mouth and nose. The results usually are visible for up to a year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA™ XC and Ultra XC add shape to the upper lip, lower lip, or both while also correcting the appearance of fine lines in the lips. The results typically can be seen for up to one year.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™ XC augments the shape of the cheeks to correct flatness in the mid-face.
- Restylane: Addresses facial folds and wrinkles
- Restylane Defyne: Treats deep laugh and smile lines
- Restylane Lyft: Adds volume and lift in the cheeks
- Restylane Refyne: Fills in fine to moderate smile and laugh lines
- Restylane Silk: Builds fullness in the lips and corrects vertical lip lines
- Restylane Kysse: Elevates the volume and contour of the lips
What Can I Expect from Injectable Dermal Fillers?
Before your dermal filler injections, Dr. Steckler will meet with you to learn more about your cosmetic goals and create a unique treatment plan. At the time of the actual procedure, Dr. Steckler will apply topical numbing cream as an anesthetic to make your injections as comfortable as possible. Injectable fillers are done as an in-office procedure in a very short amount of time and typically does not require downtime. You may notice some bruising and swelling, but these symptoms should dissipate within a couple of days. Results can last from a few months to a year based on the product and the placement of the injection. Touch-ups may be needed periodically to optimize results.
Reduce Signs of Aging
If you are feeling insecure about the visual aspects of your aging but aren't ready for surgery like a facelift, then injectable dermal fillers may be the perfect solution for you. Fillers uncover younger-looking, voluminous skin without major risks or downtime afterward. There are a number of products on the market today that can help achieve the look you dream of. For more information or to book a consultation, call Mississippi Center for Plastic Surgery in Ridgeland, MS today to step toward a more voluminous look. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Steckler and his team look forward to helping you reach your aesthetic goals.