What Is a Facelift?
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. David Steckler provides a variety of facial cosmetic treatments in Ridgeland, MS. Among our most sought-out procedures at Mississippi Center for Plastic Surgery is the facelift. At our modern facility, we offer the traditional, surgical facelift as well as an in-office, no-anesthesia facelift option. Both facelift options focus on specific regions of the face to tighten drooping skin and lines to produce a rejuvenated, supple appearance. The facelift technique used depends on your goals, the condition of your skin, the amount of laxity present, your lifestyle, age, and anatomy. Dr. Steckler is a highly trained and experienced surgeon who understands the anatomy and complex intricacies of the face. The goal is to produce a natural appearance that's gorgeous, subtle, and still striking. For more information on facelifts, contact our Ridgeland, MS office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Steckler to see how he can help you reach your aesthetic goals.
What Can I Expect From A Facelift?
Regardless of your aesthetic concerns, there are a number of facelift options to consider. Some facelifts treat the upper portion of the face, while others focus on the middle and lower. Moreover, some techniques are a bit more invasive than others. A few of the more known facelift options include:
- Full Facelift: The full facelift delicately stretches and safely tightens the deeper layer of facial muscles to produce a lifted look, which reduces excessive wrinkles and sagging.
- Mid-Facelift: The mid-facelift addresses the droopy features around the cheekbones and the upper jaw and is ideal for those who desire improvement in the lower two-thirds of the face.
- Lower Facelift: A lower facelift addresses the neck and chin, and in many cases, the jowls.
- Mini Facelift: When undergoing a mini facelift, a thin, small incision is made around the ears to lift the skin to a higher position, which affects the mid to lower face.
- FaceTite: This is a nonsurgical mini facelift that can provide amazing results with little downtime.
Following your facelift, you will be monitored before you are released to be taken home by a friend or family member. Prior to your surgery, we'll schedule your follow-up visit and give you suggestions to help you heal faster. You should expect bruising, swelling, soreness, and discomfort after your procedure, which can be helped by pain medication. You should look and feel better after 2 – 4 weeks.
A Refreshed Appearance with A Facelift
A facelift can turn back the hands of time for your face and give you a rejuvenated appearance. There is a wide variety of facelift options to help you reach your individual goals. This surgery is designed to provide a naturally younger-looking appearance. For more information, we welcome you to get in touch with Mississippi Center for Plastic Surgery in Ridgeland, MS to schedule your private consultation with board-certified surgeon Dr. David Steckler.