How to Stop Premature Aging
We all like to look as young as we feel. Unfortunately, as we age, so does our skin. So how do you slow that aging process?
Board Certified plastic surgeons like Dr. David Steckler advise patients to incorporate the following into their daily lives:
• Protect your skin from the sun every day with a broad spectrum SPF 30 (or higher) sunscreen.
• Don’t get a tan. Apply a self-tanner.
• Stop smoking. It speeds up how quickly the skin ages.
• Drink less alcohol as it dehydrates the skin and can make you look older.
• Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet with lots of fruits and veggies. Stay away from refined sugar.
• Cleanse your skin twice daily and apply a facial moisturizer.
• Use a great skin care regime like ZO® products that you’ll find at Mississippi Center for Plastic Surgery.
Of course, skin care procedures like microdermabrasion, facials, chemical peels, dermaplane, facial massages and microneedling can enhance the overall appearance of aging skin and reverse years of sun damage. At the Mississippi Center for Plastic Surgery, you’ll also find ZO products that are specially formulated to support and enhance skin health care procedures as well.
Dr. David Steckler is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in Jackson, Mississippi and his team of skilled aestheticians can help you decide which treatments can be the most effective for you. And of course, Dr. Steckler and his team can also advise you about surgical options like eyelid surgery, browlifts, face lifts and facial implants and non-surgical procedures like FaceTite, NeckTite, injectables and more.