What is Scar Revision?
Not all scars heal beautifully. If you have a wound or incision which resulted in a scar that's unsightly, uneven, or painful, we have several treatment options that can help.
Both chemical peels and microdermabrasion can help reduce the appearance of scars. These are performed by our Aesthetician. Read our service menu and contact us for a consultation on what treatments may work on your scar.
Minimally Invasive Procedures
These treatments are slightly more invasive than topicals but can be very effective in reducing the appearance of scars.
- Medical Tattooing
- Injectable treatments to fill depressed or concave scars
- Laser or Radiofrequency therapy
During surgical revision, the old scar is removed, and new sutures are made. Here are some common approaches:
- Layered Closure: the sub-dermal layer receives sutures that dissolve, and the surface receives traditional stitches
- Skin Grafts: if healthy tissue is not available to close an incision, we can use pharmaceutical tissue as a substitute
- Tissue Expansion: we can place an inflatable balloon called a tissue expander under the scar to stretch the healthy skin and replace the scar tissue during a second procedure